In these trying times, we are all looking for a way to save money, especially in business. Too often we have to cut personnel because their salary eats up so much of the bottom line. This spreads more responsibility to those who are still left in the company and overburdens the already overworked employee. We are suggesting 5 reasons to outsource your IT or even use outsourcing to compliment your existing IT department.
1. Cut Costs at the Bottom Line– By outsourcing your IT department you can save in the following areas: salary, insurance, paid leave, sick time, and taxes per employee. Employees and their costs can eat away at the bottom line.
2. Benefit from Expanded Knowledge Base– Having an IT professional from an outside source brings a wealth of knowledge from many different backgrounds. These people handle IT from small companies to large Fortune companies, and bring all their experience with them at no extra cost to you.
3. Buying in Bulk Really Does Save– If you purchase your IT hours in packs, you will find savings through each increment. When you buy IT hours, it means you are pre-purchasing work from your outsourced IT department. If things are sailing smoothly, you don’t have to pay an IT employee to sit at a desk and watch ESPN until someone’s computer crashes. You use the hours as needed so you don’t have to overpay an underproductive employee.
4. Remote Technology Cuts Time and Expense– If your laptop starts acting up when you are not at the office, your local on site tech cannot help you. Using remote technology, our IT experts can log into their system from their location and help your employee on the road. It would cost you time and travel expense to send your local person to repair that system.
5. After-Hours Accessibility– When your business closes for the day, does your technology? What happens when something happens after hours? Do you call your employee? What if they cannot make it? Outsourcing offers a solution to this problem.